- Due a member of our coaching team progressing within the organisation we are seeking to hire a new lead coach to run our community tennis programme.
- As a thriving programme prior to lockdown, we came national runner up in the Community and Parks category of the LTA Award’s in 2020.
- The programme would require the desired candidate to work a minimum of 2 weekday evenings and one weekend day per week on agreed days and times.
- Ideally holding a level 2 qualification or higher, the primary aim of the coach would be to lead and grow the community programme across both children and adults at the facility.
- The role will be managed by the Tennis Development Manager and supported by the Tennis Coordinator as well as the wider coaching team.
- It is important the coach has a clear understanding of teaching and developing player’s basic skills, as well as identifying and developing talent in order to feed players into our thriving junior performance pathway
Venue and Company Description
- A Community Interest Company with 5 leisure sites across Warrington.
- Our hub has 4 Floodlight outdoor macadam tennis courts and the programme runs year round taking a 2 week break in summer and a further 2 weeks at Christmas.
- On site there is also 6 indoor badminton courts in the sports hall, as well as studio space and a large fitness suite.
- The organisation already has a fantastic relationship with a large number of primary schools in the area and there is also a high school based on site.
- As a Coach you will be able to hire the outdoor floodlight courts at any time you are not scheduled to run groups for 1-2-1 lessons and will also be permitted to have access to the indoor courts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The coach will need to be keen to help aid the growth of tennis across Warrington, with the potential to grow the role and take on work at more of our venues including a large capacity for 1-2-1 lessons.
- There is also an opportunity to be paid an additional, hourly rate to cover administration tasks and the time needed to meet with management and plan for the programme etc.
Candidate Qualifications and Skills
The desired candidate will be a highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic individual with the drive to make a difference to tennis participation in Warrington.
This is a self-employed position and applicants will need a minimum of an LTA Level 2 and have a desire to start their Level 3 in the next 6 months.
All applicants will need to possess:
-Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
-Experience in leading sessions and coaching players of all ages and abilities
-Ability to work independently or as part of a team
-Ability to work in partnership with the LTA, County Association and local School Games Coordinator
-Willingness to work evenings & weekends