We need professionals like you!
W are seeking a high energy, hardworking, ambitious, and passionate FULL TIME TENNIS PROFESSIONAL who is ready to be a part of a dynamic tennis environment. we are a growing non-profit organization based in Midland, Michigan, and a leader in providing unforgettable recreation, social services, and wellness experiences that are accessible to everyone. It offers its employees hands on experience and is known for the positive impact it makes on people in the community.
This is an opportunity to work in a world class, top 5 rated indoor facility in the country, that was named “Tennis Town USA” in 2009. We are a16-indoor and 23-outdoor court facility that has hosted the Dow Tennis Classic for over 30 years, as well as numerous local, sectional, national and college championships each year.
Reporting directly to the Director of Tennis, the Tennis Professional will teach lessons, programs, clinics and events hosted at/by GMTC. The Tennis Professional will work to ensure members of Greater Midland have the best experience possible. We offer an aggressive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
We promote vitality and builds belonging through recreation, wellness and social services that encourage the lifelong pursuit of learning, personal fulfillment, and good health. We respect differences and promote equality for all, offering programs and services that reflect the community’s needs. Founded in 1919, Greater Midland’s seven operating units have grown to include Midland Community Center, Coleman Family Center, Corporate Wellness, Curling Center, North-End Fitness Center, North Midland Family Center, and Tennis Center. We employ more than 500 people county-wide and positively impact an estimated 80% of City of Midland residents with 60% of those living in Midland County. Learn more at greatermidland[dot]org/tennis-center.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Teach lessons, classes, programs, clinics, events and assist in tournaments including the Dow
• Participate in regular staff trainings and meetings.
• Communicate clearly, accurately and consistently with members, guests and staff.
• Consistently demonstrate growth in lessons, classes, programs and clinics.
• Assist and participate in outreach/community programs.
• Act as the Tennis Center’s “Tennis Ambassador” to enhance the value proposition of
• Consistently demonstrate leadership behaviors aligned with Greater Midland’s values.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the tennis industry is preferred.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Certification with PTR and/or USPTA preferred.
• Accomplished player with a rating of 4.5 or above.
• A passion to create a memorable customer experience for our clients.
• Possess ability to work in the U.S.
Why Should You Apply?
As a full-time employee of Greater Midland, you receive:
• Medical and dental benefits, life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability, paid-time-off,
holidays, parental leave, 401k plus matching contributions.
• A free family premier membership at any of our centers.
• Discounts on Greater Midland programs and services.
• Discounts off of childcare (if space available) and day camps for the employees’ child or
dependents at all centers.