Coaching / Work Experience
2018 - Present
Tennis coach, Tompkins Tennis International
- Developed young professionals in the Ranked Junior Programme, an intense mentally and physically challenging program designed for top players with a minimum USTA Norcal ranking of 100 in their respective age groups.
- Introduced children to tennis in the Future Slammers Programme, which focused on developing hand-eye coordination and developing the basic fundamentals for the game.
- Worked in a range of other children’s programmes, including the Junior Aces and Junior Masters Programmes and Training Programme II and III, to develop their game to high level competition
2018 - 2018
Volunteer, Uganda Charity Trust Fund
- Provided tennis coaching to under privileged children for a programme sponsored by the charity, who focus on providing opportunities to alleviate poverty through sport.
2015 - 2018
CEO, Mutima Tennis
- Established the Mutima Tennis Programme for entry-level, beginner and intermediate players and aspiring junior professionals, with two daily classes hosting on average 14 children a class.
- Established Tennis Fit, an adult fitness programme that provides all-round fitness exercises with drills that are specifically designed towards tennis.
- Initiated the Friday Tennis Challenge (FTC), a platform for regional professional and high-level amateur players to compete. This FTC also raised awareness for high-level tennis in Uganda and culminated in Uganda being readmitted into the International Tennis Federation after a 7-year hiatus. The FTC also worked with a number of external parties, including Tradelance, which was one of the first e-ticketing systems in Uganda.
Former professional tennis player: Yes
Career high in official ATP / WTA ranking:
500 - 1000 (in )
Other results: • Kampala F4 Futures doubles champion, with Anton Chekhov (2018)
• Mozambique F1 Futures doubles champion, with Hassan Ndayishimiye (2015)
• Senegal F1 Futures doubles champion, with Clifford Enosoregbe (2009)
• Burundi F1 Futures doubles champion, with Hendrik Coertzen (2008)
• Rwanda Open men’s doubles champion (2017)
• Kenya Open singles champion (2010, 2012, 2014, 2017)
• Uganda Open singles champion (2009, 2011, 2015)
• Goma Open singles champion (2013)
• Kenya Open men’s doubles champion (2010, 2012)
• Uganda Open men’s doubles champion (2009, 2011)
• Kenya Open mixed doubles champion (2010)
• Burundi Open singles champion (2009)
• Burundi Open men’s doubles champion (2009)
• Tanzania Open singles champion (2009)
• Tanzania Open men’s doubles champion (2009)
• Africa Junior Tennis Championships men’s doubles champion (2006)
Preferences & specialties
I am interested in: Coaching, Giving presentations, Match analysis, Giving clinics, Radio/tv commentary, Brand promotion, Tournament organisation, Other opportunities
Coaching preference: Head Coach, Tennis professional, Travelling coach
Specialties: Technique, Motivation, Development, Physics, Analysis
Willingness to travel for tournaments: Yes
Target job locations: Europe, Australia / New Zealand, North America, South America, Asia, Africa
Willing to relocate: Yes