I have completed my Master Club Coach course (level 5) which is the highest qualification a coach can hold. This makes me 1 of 5 females and one of the youngest coaches in the country to hold this qualification!
My goal is to help every player reach their full potential through a creative approach. Whether you are starting your tennis journey (it’s never too late to pick up a racket) or an experienced player looking to improve.
I believe coaching is about adaptation and listening to the internal story that drives each player, whether it be for fun, fitness, improvement, development or just to give it a try. With this, player and coach become a team, achieving goals set together.
Coaching mini players is a passion of mine and I feel it is a privilege to be part of their development both on and off court, incorporating the significant role of the parent. Here, we will find the balance between hardwork and having fun throughout the adventure of tennis.
Tennis is not just about being on court and hitting balls. It is a place for fun, to socialise, make friends and so much more. But ultimately it is a place to grow not just as a player, but as a person.
Coaching / Work Experience
2012 - Present
Tennis Coach, Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club
-Focus on individual programme planning including strength & conditioning, nutrition and time management.
-Set realistic targets for players and provide continued feedback to parent and/or player to ensure goals are achieved and exceeded.
-Initiate regular meetings with parents and relevant coaches to discuss and plan individual player goals.
-Deliver high quality coaching to a variety of ages and abilities.
-Lead coach on disability groups within the club
-Lead coach on U11 performance tennis groups within the club
-Development of multiple players to County, Regional and National standard.
-Travelled with various players to international events including the Orange Bowl in America.
2014 - 2018
Community Development Manager, Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club
Community Development Manager-
• Cultivated links between national bodies, local councils and initiative groups to provide tennis to the community, increasing participation and engagement.
• Responsible for a successful team of 5 coaches and 14 assistant coaches ensuring high-class delivery on court, mentoring through relevant personal development plans.
•Oversaw and managed all aspects of community development within schools, developing on and off site programmes, including;
•Budget Management – responsible for entire community funding.
•Researching local community groups to identify potential opportunities for interaction. •Creating off site park programmes including, mini, adult and cardio tennis helping grow
participation in the sport.
•Initial contact with Community Leaders, setting up meetings to showcase the benefits of the initiative and on-boarding new players.
•Developed workable programmes in collaboration with clients to ensure optimum participation.
•Provided constructive feedback at all levels to ensure goals are met.
• Developed and instilled a school curriculum, making tennis more accessible.
• Developed an all-girls tennis programme called “Girls in Sport, Girls on COURT!” which has increased the participation of girls playing within the tennis club, by 10%.
• Developed and instilled a disability tennis programme adding to the inclusive environment.
• Helped in breaking down the barriers of the sports preconception by successfully fund
raising and subsidising sessions to increase children accessing the tennis club.
Mini, Junior and Adult Tennis-
• Created the “Mini Tennis Awards” Programme based on the core principles of the tennis club to ensure that Mini members can progress in accordance with the club’s philosophy, along with their on-court development.
• Coordinated and led on various annual mini and adult tournaments, both competitive and social.
• Initiated “Parent Week” where parents and mini players get 360 degree training.
• Member of the League Committee, ensuring the club is entered in relevant leagues, deciding
on the number of teams competing and appropriate players for each league.
• Captain of the Hertfordshire Ladies First Team.
• Lead of the mini performance programme, creating a calendar of development for attainment targets throughout the year.
• Provide mid termly feedback to group player(s) parents explaining lesson goals and achievements.
2010 - 2013
Tennis Coach, Batchwood High Performance Centre
Worked on the U8 to U16 High Performance programme, delivering high quality coaching to children aged between 4 and 16 years.
• Developed multiple players to County, Regional and National standard and travelling aboard to tournaments with players.
• Worked with a player who competed at Junior Wimbledon and now is on a tennis scholarship to Stanford University.
Preferences & specialties
I am interested in: Coaching, Scouting talent, Giving presentations, Giving clinics, Brand promotion, Other opportunities
Coaching preference: Head Coach, Tennis coach, Tennis director, Tennis manager
Specialties: Technique, Motivation, Mental, Development
Net salary: Negotiable - Per hour
Willingness to travel for tournaments: Yes
Target job locations: Europe, Australia / New Zealand, North America
Willing to relocate: Yes
Do you want to get in touch with me?