Tennis Club, located in Moline, IL., is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic full-time Head Tennis Professional.
We are a 9-court indoor facility that started in 1974. We also run the tennis programs for the local country club, park board, and large pickleball community. The ideal candidate will have prior private club experience, the ability to teach private lessons, run adult and junior clinics, promote club social tennis, and league play as well as available to work weekends. He or she will be a minimum 4.5 player, have excellent communication skills, TEAM player, and enjoy teaching the game to players of all ages and abilities. The knowledge of pickleball is desired with the candidate being certified within the first 6 months of employment. This position will have an admin salary, plus hourly rate and/or commissions on lessons and clinics. The applicant must be certified USPTA/or PTR with Elite preferred. College degree preferred but not required. Experience running junior development programs and the ability to work with high performance players is desirable. Experience in retail sales of sporting goods desired.
Job Summary, (Essential Functions, Duties and Expectations)
• Head Tennis Professional will oversee all facilities and activities related to tennis, and membership enjoyment of Club in the absence of the Director.
• Motivated and enthusiastic individual who will work alongside the Director, Academy Director and Staff to promote a healthy, positive working, social, and recreational environment for all employees and members.
• Plays or represents the Club in tournaments, Pro-Ams, and events held at the Club or in the community.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• Initiates, directs and promotes tennis clinics and programs to attract and maintain members’ tennis interests.
• Develops, promotes, and supervises adult mixers and events and jumps in to play when needed.
• Communicates with Staff to schedule and publicize Club tennis events.
• Organizes tennis staff to run special tennis events and tournaments.
• Works closely with Club desk staff to accurately record court use by all tennis staff; private lessons, clinic, USTA matches, tennis mixers, and tournaments.
• Promotes sales in pro shop: stringing, accessories, balls, and racket purchases.
• Communicates with purchase personnel to acquire merchandise for resale.
• Helps write monthly tennis articles for the club newsletter and website.
• Ability to be a team player and is respectful of other suggestions and ideas.
• Maintains a close working professional relationship with Club owner, Directors and other employees.
• Works closely with maintenance staff to keep tennis facility clean and all tennis related equipment in proper order.
Je moet inloggen om op deze vacature te kunnen solliciteren.