How would it feel to support local people regardless of background, gender or age to become healthier and fitter while having fun on a tennis court? How would you feel seeing young people from toddlers to teenagers, who otherwise would not have access to tennis facilities and coaching, become excellent players, scouted out by top universities and completing their higher education with a full scholarship?
If you always believed that tennis can be a path to much more than just “playing tennis”; if you are driven by a desire to operate in the heart of the community; if you believe that sport excellence can flourish anywhere when given the opportunity; then you’ll want to become the next Managing Director of Hackney Tennis.
About the Organisation
Hackney Tennis is a leading park-based tennis provider in the UK with a focus on engaging more people in sport, particularly in tennis. It delivers tennis services that meet the full range of player wants and needs, for all ages and levels, from social tennis through to top-level competition. Community engagement is a key part of what we do, including an extensive schools’ programme and outreach to over 50s and minority groups.
Some key numbers:
– HT Manages 27 tennis courts, making it one of the largest providers of tennis services in the South East of England.
– HT operates an open booking system with over 6,000 players for a total annual court usage of over 40,000 hours.
– HT has a 14-strong coaching team comprising a variety of levels.
– HT runs a Box League (over 80 players) and Ladder competitions (around 100 players).
– HT has around 20 teams (Juniors, Adults and Vet) competing in Summer and Winter Leagues.
– HT currently delivers curriculum and/or after school club tennis in about 12 Hackney Schools and is looking to expand its outreach
We are in receipt of funding for our performance programme from Middlesex LTA and collaborate with the county operation for its LTA Talent ID process. Hackney Tennis has held the honor of being the only park-based LTA Performance centre in the country, and we currently have almost 130 juniors participating in our squad programme. We are proud to have helped several players from Hackney on their way to compete internationally, to use their tennis to take up university scholarships abroad or to take up a career in tennis as coaches.
The London Borough of Hackney is a thriving multicultural community in the heart of London’s East End. Hackney is uniquely placed in terms of its potential for economic growth with a reputation for finding innovative solutions to inner-city challenges from within the community. Tennis in Hackney is set to play a role far beyond our on-court provision.
Hackney Tennis recently secured a minimum five-year contract to continue the delivery of tennis services in the Borough of Hackney. With this comes the support of the borough to maintain and further develop our courts and supporting facilities while expanding our programme, making this a very exciting moment in Hackney Tennis’s twenty-year history. We have the opportunity to create an even brighter future for Hackney Tennis and we are looking for a Managing Director who has the vision and expertise to lead the organisation in this new phase of growth and development.
Should you apply for the Role?
If you are a great team leader and truly believe the main assets of an organisation are its people, if you are a strategic thinker, a forward planner and great communicator who can make teams rally behind a shared mission, then you should talk to us. If you are passionate about community tennis and want to make a positive impact, then you should really talk to us!
What will Your Responsibilities be?
As MD of Hackney Tennis you will be reporting directly to the Board of Directors and oversee the Management Team (e.g. Operations Manager, Head Coach, Head of Performance).
– Lead the management team in implement Hackney Tennis’s Tennis Development Strategy across all activities and events.
– Provide leadership to the coaching and administrative staff and maintain high levels of engagement & satisfaction within your team.
– Be the main representative of Hackney Tennis for all the important external stakeholders e.g. our users, the LTA, and the London Borough of Hackney.
– Keep the board fully informed of the financial situation of the organisation, the progress in achieving the strategic objectives set for the organisation and the general state of well being and morale of the organisation’s staff.
This role is full time and flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.
What are the Essential Attributes for the job?
– Strategic planning for the conception and implementation of the Tennis Development Plan
– Leadership and communication skills
– Management experience to ensure the team and the organisation has clear, achievable and measurable goals as well as a defined career and development path.
– Experience in Stakeholder management, e.g. LTA, London Borough of Hackney and other relevant organisations
– Business acumen to
o Set organisational and departmental priorities and report on financial progress.
o Identify new potential revenue streams and grow the current one
o Discover and appraise diverse funding opportunities
What other Attributes would be highly desirable?
– Level 4 Tennis Coaching qualification
– Experience of managing a coaching team
– Expertise in managing and overseeing tennis programmes
– Knowledge of fundraising, marketing and media strategy
– Experience of working with the local authority and key stakeholders
Je moet inloggen om op deze vacature te kunnen solliciteren.