Facility has 14 Eight Clay Courts and Pro Shop Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and manage all tennis lessons, staffing and programming at the Club for children, juniors and adults, including private and group lessons, daily clinics, intra-Club tournaments, and social activities (e.g., new member mixer, monthly mixers).
2. Lead Men’s and Ladies team practices; assess and assign Club members to appropriate teams based on level of play; and provide support for inter-club matches, including observing and coaching matches that take place on Club grounds.
3. Organize and manage sanctioned MATA tournaments held on Club grounds.
4. Organize, manage, staff and coordinate all aspects of Club’s Summer Junior Tennis Program, hosted daily, Monday through Friday, from mid-June through August.
5. Supply and manage Club’s Pro Shop, including timely and professional racquet stringing, and the sale of quality tennis equipment and apparel.
6. Coordinate, attend and participate in key Club events that involve existing and new members and tennis-related activities, such as new member party, tennis tournament watch parties, and Citi Open and Washington Kastles Club nights.
7. Serve as informal representative and ambassador for the Club in various area tennis-related events, activities and organizations.
8. Hire, train and manage on-court teaching pros and other personnel associated with tennis instruction and Pro Shop.
9. Assume responsibility for accurately reporting lessons, clinics, Pro Shop purchases and other tennis-related activity into Club’s record keeping and billing systems.
10. Maintain positive and professional interactions with the Club’s Board of Governors and other Club employees, including manager and grounds personnel, to ensure necessary coordination (e.g., for events, court availability).
11. Enforce all tennis rules set forth in the Club handbook and train on-court and Pro Shop staff on the application of those rules to all tennis activities at the Club.
12. Generate and maintain a persistent on-court teaching presence, as well as a positive, healthy, inclusive and infectious appreciation for tennis and for the Club’s community. Requirements Proven capability and experience teaching and coaching tennis players of all ages and levels, from beginners to advanced players; substantial playing experience, including at the professional, collegiate and/or junior level; USPTA certification; demonstrated work experience and track record meeting Responsibilities 1-12, above. Financial Terms Financial terms between the Director and the Club will be handled on an individual basis pursuant to an annual contract. It is anticipated that the Director’s compensation will be generated primarily through the provision and management of on-court hourly instruction, clinics, the Summer Junior Tennis Program, and Pro Shop proceeds. Term of Employment Early morning to early evening, six days per week, April through October. The Director will be required to devote 100 percent of his or her professional time to Club responsibilities during the term.
The position will be governed by an annual contract, running from January through December of each calendar year. The first such contract for this position would commence in January 2020.
Je moet inloggen om op deze vacature te kunnen solliciteren.