The Tennis Professional is responsible for assisting in the organization, promoting and directing of tennis tournaments, social events and lessons as assigned by the director of tennis. The Tennis Professional has a focus on member participation and satisfaction, with emphasis on general tennis instruction through clinics, lessons, and events.
Job duties and responsibilities
- You will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed
- Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job
- Assist with organizing and promoting resort functions, including lessons, tournaments, and social events. This to include keeping the director of tennis as well as other support personnel informed of day-to-day operations and what has and has not been accomplished
- Supervision of tennis operation and staff when assigned by the director of tennis.
- Responsible for being aware of the annual departmental budget, action plans and daily reports. As well as assisting the director of tennis in maintaining/generating as necessary
- Assist with providing lessons for all levels of tennis instruction (beginner to advanced) to all age levels (juniors to adults), including private lessons, group lessons and clinics as assigned
- Attend staff meetings and member functions as required
- Assist with maintaining professional tennis pro shop environment. This includes answering telephones cheerfully, greeting members/guests in a positive, pleasnat demeanor (or using Star Service), and assist with maintaining organized court reservation system
Venue and Company description
The club enjoys a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring. Along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. The position of Tennis Professional may be a your perfect match if you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others.
The club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates. Who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.