We are looking to recruit a coach to join our experienced team at our club in Cyprus
Venue and Company Description
We are one of the oldest and most prestigious clubs in founded at 1925. It is currently located in a prime location in central Limassol and has at its disposal 10 courts (7 hard and 3 artificial grass) and an orange and red mini tennis court. We currently have over 200 registered members as well as over 350 junior members who are registered at the academy. Moreover, we have more than 20 of the top 10 ranked players, according to the latest Cyprus Tennis Rankings. We have a proud tradition of producing some of the best junior athletes in Cyprus and is looking to further enhance its reputation as one of the leading tennis clubs in Cyprus.
As part of its current restructuring program, we are looking to recruit a Coach to join its experienced coaching team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting athletes and club members in developing and improving various tennis skills.
- Assessing students’ tennis skills to determine areas in need of improvement.
- Coordinating and conducting individual and group tennis lessons as per management instructions.
- Follow current training programs for students based on their age, objectives, and individual skillsets.
- Providing a secure and productive learning environment for students.
- Provide feedback to management and parents or guardians to discuss athlete’s progress.
- Attending students’ tennis matches, competitions, and tournaments as required.
Candidate Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or a related field is a plus
- Proven experience working as a Tennis Coach or Instructor is an advantage
- Previous experience as a tennis player is an advantage
- Good current playing level
- Sound knowledge of various coaching techniques.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Results orientated
- Passion for tennis
- Degree qualified in a sports related field is preferable.
- Previous hands-on coaching experience as well as coaching certification is an advantage.
- Strong personality and team player.
- Good communicator and organizer (Fluent English is essential).
- Hard working and results driven
- Computer literate.
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate depending on qualification
- A chance to work in a challenging environment and in a pleasurable location