We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Tennis Coach to join well-established coaching team. This is an employed position based at three venues in Newbury, Berkshire. The coach will support the Head Coach in the overall programme of tennis development across the programme.
The role will be on court with a minimum of 20-hours of core group delivery, plus opportunities for individual coaching hours. On-court delivery consists of mini, junior and adult group sessions, on Monday to Friday and Saturday, plus individual sessions and larger group work such as school tasters and holiday camps. It is expected to quickly grow into a full time 40 hours of core group delivery and individual lessons per week.
- Salaried position
- Workplace Pension
- 5x weeks paid holiday
- Workplace perks – discount scheme (examples: cinema discounts, supermarket shopping discounts)
- Retain 100% income from individual coaching
- Personal Development Plan and CDP courses
- All equipment provided
- Sponsorship terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas
To work with the Head Coach to develop a high quality all round programme which caters for all ages and abilities.
To deliver a minimum of 20 hours of core group coaching hours, Adult and Academy coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery.
To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
To undertake any other duties as may be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing tennis programme, join a strong and innovative tennis association and work with driven and supportive facility owners.
Overview of the venue/company
National Tennis Association (NTA) is a leading tennis management and coaching provider in UK, established in 2004, with the aim of increasing participation in the sport through the development of professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools and local authorities.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Newbury Tennis is based at three locations in Newbury, West Berkshire (Newbury Tennis Club, Victoria Park and Kennet School in Thatcham).
Newbury Tennis Club has 4x new floodlit tennis courts and a clubhouse, based in the heart of Newbury.
Kennet School in Thatcham has 6x floodlit tennis courts and a sports hall.
Victoria Park has three new LED floodlit courts in the centre of Newbury. It is operated as an annual pass park site and there are plans for a large café to be built by the courts in 2019/20.
- Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Level 3 Coach Qualification or above. We will accept LTA Level 2 coaches but must have an ambition to work towards Level 3.
- First Aid Certificate
- LTA Accredited Coach
- Experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- Experience of working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- Experience of using software packages (including ClubSpark)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Have a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good computer skills and experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools.
You must sign in to apply for this position.