This position is based within the park programme throughout Stratford. The coach will work alongside the Head Coach and team within the overall programme of tennis development across the city.
The role will be on court and a minimum of 20 hours of core group delivery, plus opportunities for individual coaching hours. On-court delivery consists of mini, junior and adult group sessions plus individual sessions and larger group work such as holiday camps. With the right candidate the role is expected to quickly grow into a full time 25-hours of core group delivery plus individuals and extras.
- Working within the largest Coaching Organisation in the UK
- Most successful community park programme in the country
- Retain 100% income from individual coaching
- Personal Development pathway within the company – CPD, mentoring, on and off court training
- Terms with Tecnifibre and Adidas
- To support the Head Coach develop a high quality all round programme which caters for all ages and abilities
- To deliver a minimum of 20 hours of core Junior, Adult and Academy coaching per week and be available for individual coaching delivery
- To assess the programme quality and results regularly and adapt where necessary to ensure the programme and venues usage continues to grow.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within your team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a prestigious tennis programme, join a strong and innovative tennis association working with driven and supportive facility owners.
Overview of the venue/organisation
National Tennis Association (NTA) is the leading tennis management and coaching provider in UK, established in 2004, with the aim of increasing participation in the sport through the development of professional coaching programmes and forming links between clubs, schools and local authorities.
We offer professional management solutions to venues and coaches that are proven to develop and enhance multiple aspects of tennis services and work closely with the LTA and tennis venues in developing programmes and facilities in the UK.
Our coaches are the most important asset to the company so we believe in extensive support and development for all members of the team.
The Newham Parks Tennis programme is based across 15 courts. NTA manage all aspects of the offer on behalf of the local authority, this includes: membership, court bookings and coaching.
- Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Level 3 Coach Qualification or above
- First Aid Certificate
- LTA Accredited Coach
- Experience in delivering a wide range of coaching sessions.
- Experience of working with the LTA and tennis clubs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Have a strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to all.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good computer skills and experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools
- Willing to learn and develop as part of a team
You must sign in to apply for this position.