Our client is currently seeking a tennis coach to facilitate participation programmes in Te Atatu and the Rodney district in Auckland, New Zealand.
They are a tennis coaching provider in Auckland, New Zealand, who aims to empower individuals with skills for life through the love of the game. We love to play and we want others to love the game too!
We recognize that tennis is a game for life. It is a journey not a destination. Growth does not happen instantaneously but in a series of steps over a sustained period of time. We want to partner with individuals and families over that sustained period of time to help facilitate growth – in tennis, in life - and celebrate the successes along the way.
S - SKILLS
Building technical, tactical, mental and movement skills
E – ENGAGEMENT
Engagement in a positive and healthy past-time that can be played for life, with the whole family at every age and every stage
E – ENVIRONMENT
An interactive, fun and challenging learning environment
D – DEVELOPMENT
A process of change and development over time: in character, confidence, health and wellbeing
- Prepare and deliver a high quality children and adults’ programme for beginner and recreational players from ages 3 and up
- Develop and maintain their own private client schedule
- Establish a good relationship with children, parents/caregivers and club members
- Liaise with and support our clubs’ committees to further enhance the clubs and their activities
The suitable candidate must have the following:
- Experience as an assistant tennis coach, with ideally, an Assistant Coach qualification
- Outgoing & dynamic personality, relating well with both children and adults
- A high level of professionalism, always punctual and dependable
- Good communication, administration and computer skills
- The ability to commit for 2 years, completing a Junior Development Coach (ITF Level 1) qualification in this timeframe
If the successful applicant is travelling from overseas, you must be eligible for a working holiday visa into New Zealand, with a view to sponsorship of a work visa in following years.
This role provides the unique opportunity for the successful applicant to receive preliminary and ongoing on-the-job training as a tennis coach, to transition the applicant from an aspiring or hobby coach to a career tennis coach.