The tennis centre is looking for a (Level 4 or above) Performance Tennis Coach who will deliver squad sessions as well as being an individual coach to a small number of high potential juniors. We are looking for an individual with the energy, passion and commitment to work in a thriving RPDC programme with high potential youngsters.
The Performance Coach will work closely with the RPDC Head Coach, Director of Performance and LTA National Coaches. The coach will be responsible for implementing the tennis centre values of respect, encouragement, hard work, intensity and commitment.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Deliver weekly individual and squad training sessions to meet the needs of the player base over a minimum of 40 weeks (approximately 35-40 hours a week)
- Plan and implement individualised development plans for all athletes under your control (weekly schedule, annual tournament plan and goals)
- Plan and deliver all training sessions for selected athletes, providing a high standard to all athletes under your control
- Provide a high level of on-court sparring through own playing level to minimum 14U international standard
- Be available remotely to players, parents and individual coaches should they require feedback and support away from weekly delivery
- Work closely with RPDC Head Coach and LTA National Age Group coaches to ensure that the content of the programmes and training fits with the players programmes needs
- Attend selected competitions as part of the players annual competition plan, proving the highest standards of coaching & support
Venue and Company description
The tennis centre is accredited as one of only 14 LTA Regional Player Development Centres. We are very proud of our fantastic facility catering to all tennis enthusiasts and the amazing achievements of our tennis players to date. We offer a wide range of Tennis sessions and programmes, or you can just come down with a partner and play on one of our beautiful indoor or outdoor tennis courts.
Candidate qualifications and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours as necessary (including evenings and weekends) to deliver the programme
- Commitment to continuous professional development both formal and informal
- Maintaining up to date LTA coach accreditation plus and DBS
- Level 4 SPC qualified or in the process of achieving
- Open to travel to identified international events (based upon the needs of the player base)
- Driving License and car
- IT literate with excellent written, verbal, communication and influencing skills (must provide own IT equipment)