The Part Time Tennis Professional will perform all tennis duties in accordance with the high standards of organization. The tennis professional provides professional and personalized attention, ensuring that the members and guests receive excellent service and a superior experience.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Provide private and group instruction to players of all ages and abilities.
- Assist in daily court grooming and maintenance of both clay and hard courts.
- Strings rackets.
- Consult customers concerning equipment needs.
- Assist with Pro Shop sales and billing.
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and order to the Pro Shop interior appearance.
- Set up and maintain Pro Shop displays.
- Schedule tennis court reservations.
- Adhere to and promote all club rules and regulations.
- Promote the game of tennis.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and take any necessary actions.
- Maintain the status quo of the department during the absence of the Director of Tennis.
- Assists Director with club events.
- Assists Director with club Tournaments.
- Assist Director and staff in all areas of the tennis program where needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be required by management from time to time.
Part Time Tennis Professional qualifications and skills
The Tennis Professional must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to the graduation of high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform to the position standards.
- High school diploma required.
- 2-4 years previous teaching experience.
- College playing experience preferred.
- U.S.P.T.A. or U.S.P.T.R. certified.
- Stringing Machine, Drag Broom, Line Sweeper, Roll Dri, club cart, Brutis roller.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members and staff.
- Ability to handle money with accuracy.
- Ability to teach, play, demonstrate and exhibit knowledge of the rules of the game of tennis.
Ability to execute physical activities required to perform the essential functions including:
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to endure long periods of standing, sitting and walking.
- Must be able to stand, run, bend and be active for long periods of time.