LTA Tennis Coach delivers a quality and fun tennis coaching experience to both adults and children of all abilities according to the Acadamy standards and procedures. This role will specifically be focused on 10 and under players within the performance tennis programme.
- We operate a ‘The Child comes first’ philosophy.
- The responsibilities include supervising the performance of the tennis players
- The successful candidate will also support the Head Tennis Coach with enhancing the performances of the players in line with the WTA Tennis Development Plan.
Venue and Company description
Tennis Academy is a friendly and sociable club that aims to provide tennis at every level and for players of all ages. It is a great place for anyone wanting to learn how to play tennis or improve their game. Boasting 4 newly painted hard courts, 2 artificial grass courts, all floodlit and 3 indoor courts, all fitted with the latest LED lighting.
One of fifty Local Player Development Centres (LPDC) in the UK; Tennis Academy has produced players at National and International standard and we aim to continue with the academy’s successful track record. With this is mind we are seeking the services of a committed, dedicated and enthusiastic performance tennis coach
Job duties and responsibilities
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service.
- Provide full support to the Academy in delivering the tennis programme which caters for all adults and children, with the main focus on delivering the LPDC performance programme.
- In addition, there will be opportunities to do other individual and group sessions from the extensive Tennis Programme.
- Assist the academy in the preparation, organisation and delivery of the annual tennis tournament.
Candidate qualifications and skills
Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Coach qualification Level 4 Accreditation+ or above.
Experience of coaching both adults and children of varying ability.
Person Specification for LTA Tennis Coach:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Tennis sessions.
- Knowledge of Mini Tennis
- Knowledge of current Performance Tennis requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to work on own initiative and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Dedicated and Self-motivated
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
This will depend on performance and years of experience.