Residential or non-residential coach at the international summer camps in Oxford and Brighton. Start dates are flexible but coaches should be available for at least 2 weeks between 26 June and 21 August 2022. Only suitable for coaches who are eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we can’t support any VISA applications.
Venue and Company description
- Residential Summer Tennis Camps on grass and clay courts in Oxford University and hard courts in Brighton, University of Sussex.
- JONATHAN MARKSON TENNIS is a London based company established in 1981, supporting the true passion of tennis lovers all over the world. European leader in Tennis & English camps, we are experts in delivering a very high skill tennis experience to practical camps. Focusing on the key areas of our customers’ game such as developing the mental aspect, tuning up the tactical, improving a specific technical area and improving tennis fitness. Our programme is designed to be challenging, but we also create a great social and sporty environment.
Our team is made of coaches with high credentials and proven track record in player achievement. We value coaches dedicated to discover and learn, who respect each other actively foster a dynamic and ambitious team spirit. It is a one off experience, which creates memories for life. We welcome and support new candidates keen to join our team.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Working at the summer camp is hard work, fun, intense, yet rewarding. You will be coaching all levels of player, aged 8 years old to adult.
- At Jonathan Markson Tennis, we value quality coaching and delivery, we want our students to improve their tennis skills and get the best experience ever. Our ratio is 1 coach for 6 players, in our ‘Core’ tennis programme and 1 coach for 8 players in the ‘Performance’ programme (spread across 2 courts). Your Head Coaches are on site to support your coaching, ensuring you can focus on your players and develop as a coach. All camps run from Sunday to Sunday, with tennis Monday to Saturday.
- As we are a residential camp, your role includes off-court support. You will work on a duties rota that includes evening activities, night supervision, player transfers from/to airport and the 24/7 student welfare.
- Have you been a camp counselor before? – Living at the same place as the players? It is a great and memorable experience!
- Of course, you do get some time off – each residential coach receives the equivalent to two days off, over the course of the week, although these may be split across different mornings and afternoons.
- Work at camp is a great and unique experience. Come and be part of the JMT Coaching team.
Candidate qualifications and skills
- Roles available for all level of coach from LTA/ BTCA Level 1 to Level 5.
- LTA or BTCA registered, DBS checked, Full coach licence, equivalent foreign diplomas considered (PTR, RPT, BEES, DE, GPTCA, FIT…)
- As a professional experienced coach, you are familiar with running tennis session for individuals and groups (6 players per court). You are able to lead, manage groups on and off the court, work as part of a team and apply health and safety best practice.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK. We do not support VISA applications.
- We are also recruiting for a Head Coach & Performance Coach (LTA level 4 or equivalent required).
- Residential camp package includes accommodation (single room), meals and weekly salary
- Non-residential camp package includes lunch and weekly salary