We are looking for an individual who is motivated and experienced and who can expand and drive the coaching programme within one of the oldest tennis clubs in the country.
The successful applicant will lead and co-ordinate the coaching team to;
-build on the expansive junior coaching and highly successful junior academy as well as co-ordinate the holiday coaching
-design and develop a comprehensive adult and team coaching offering
-work with the club’s committee to drive inclusiveness, expanding access to tennis within the local community
-ensure effective team tennis, team coaching and the smooth transition of juniors to adult tennis.
-contribute to the effective operation of the club and its strategic direction. Support relevant club projects. Attend meetings as required and report back on coaching and junior activities
The club has seen rapid expansion over the last 5 years, it now has of over 500 tennis members. There are 8 floodlit courts, 4 being hard courts and 4 artificial clay.
Our club is a lively, friendly and social club and it keeps this at the heart of everything it does, ensuring players of all ability feel at home and welcome.
Refer to Job Summary
– Minimum LTA Level 3/4 Coach Qualification with Accreditation+
– Hold a Valid DBS, First Aid and Safeguarding Certificates and your own public liability insurance
– Be a strong communicator
– Professional, motivated and enthusiastic on and off the court
– Able to work with all ages and abilities
– Able to lead and work as part of a team
– Good organising, communicating and marketing skills
– Able to lead, motivate and develop Professional and Assistant Coaches
– Able to establish quick rapport with members, juniors and parents
– Can embody the ethos of the club – welcoming, professional and fun!
– Good administration and IT skills
– Promote and encourage new members to all sports through active promotion of the club