The Full Time Tennis Instructor is responsible for teaching and promoting ten junior developmental programs. This includes clinics with children as young as 3 years old, teaching beginner to intermediate school tennis juniors, advanced junior tournament players, as well as assist with adult beginner clinics.
Venue and Company description
In 2001, the tennis club renovated the Tennis Center to include a Pro Shop, locker rooms, porch and patio, in addition to 4 more tennis courts. The most recent update came in 2013 with the addition of the new clay "Gator Court" which was needed to accommodate their bustling tennis program. Since 1970, the tennis facility has grown to include seven clay courts and two hard courts, all of which are lighted for evening play, making tennis in Myrtle Beach a convenient pass-time regardless of your hectic schedule.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Assists the Tennis Director and other Tennis Professionals in the operation of the Club's Junior tennis programs.
- Teach junior clinics and camps.
- Helps execute tennis programming.
- Responsible for setting up and breaking down equipment for tennis activities.
- Provide a safe environment for kids.
- Escorting children to restrooms, snack breaks, pick up, and to the main clubhouse for activity camps.
- Help keep the facility clean and orderly.
- Be able to communicate clearly with parents.
- Demonstrates completed dedication to the Club's organizational values and member services.
Full Time Tennis Instructor qualifications and skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the company standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Played junior tennis and/or high school tennis
- Great attitude, be reliable and enjoy working both individually and in a team oriented environment
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Able to deal with a variety of unexpected circumstances in a way that highlights the values of the club
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Proven commitment to the delivery of world class service and products
- Ability to motivate staff to do the same
- In possession of a driver's license
- Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day
- Able to work effectively in an outdoor environment with occasional extremes in temperature and conditions for an extended period of time