We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic Director of Tennis, who is professional, hardworking, positive attitude, excellent communication and timekeeping skills.
The ideal candidate must have a desire to improve other skills as we would put them through the leadership programme : The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Each club has school’s links where we coach mainly tennis sessions with also gymnastics, dance and multi-sports sessions. The Director’s responsibility is to coordinate and manage a team ensuring efficient delivery of all sessions.
Self-employed Director with multiple streams of revenue; working in a specific club and its surrounding schools.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO and Chairman of ESG.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the team of coaches in the club, school classes and holiday camps.
- Leading and coaching club classes, schools and holiday camps.
- Private one to one tennis coaching.
- Managing a team of tennis, gymnastic, dance and multi-sport coaches working at the club and school programmes.
- Developing and growing the club through new school links, new classes and getting more players developing their skills by doing a 2nd class with us.
- Building strong relationships with schools, children, parents and colleagues.
- Working with assistant coaches in classes to help them progress as coaches and continue to build the strong team ethic.
- Advertising of school and club program for every course
- Attending weekly leadership meetings
- Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in competition in ESG tournaments and other LTA sanctioned tournaments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session.
- Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools.
- Being on time for all sessions
- Safeguarding of the children in our classes
- Safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely.
- Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
- Talking with parents about the progress of their children, when necessary
- Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
- Being familiar with and following all club policies and procedures.
- Potential of becoming a profit share partner in the club, depending on performance.
- Tennis England will fund a percentage of future LTA or Sports Coaching Qualifications.
- £15 fee for each child that is recruited to do a second class in the club program from a school class.
- £15 fee for each child that is recruited from a tennis holiday camp into a club class.
- Leadership Program of courses which we fund for you to attend.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Outstanding Leadership
- 5 Choices of Productivity
- Leading at the Speed of Trust
- The Leader in Me
Job Type: Full Time
- £22 – £30 per hour for group coaching (pay related to number of children on courses)
- £25 – £35 per hour for private coaching
- From £88 to £146 per day for holiday camps (930 – 4.15pm / Sliding Scale related to number of children on camp each day)
- £8.25 per hour for 15 hours of office time
- LTA Level 3 Minimum
- Must have a car
- At least 3 years of coaching experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience of managing a team of coaches
- Experience of working in school afterschool clubs
- You need to have a love for working with children
- Great communication skills and a “can do” attitude
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement
- Make good decisions
- Ideally located in or near the area
- Be willing to work hard
You must sign in to apply for this position.