Club located on Fishers Island, NY is in search of a Director of Tennis. Club is a family oriented seasonal country club with 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, a 9 hole golf course and various activities for children and adults. The club is open seasonally from Mid-June through Labor Day. The Director of Tennis position at Hay Harbor is an Independent Contractor role and is responsible for the complete operation of the tennis program
This includes, but is not limited to:
– Supervision of all tennis play, as directed by Tennis Committee
– Promote and coordinate tournaments, round robins, socials, junior Inter-Clubs, ladders, pro exhibition matches, etc.
– Schedule and teach adult and junior clinics and private lessons; monitor use by all age groups and institute new programs as needed to broaden member participation
– Hire, train and supervise appropriate amount of assistant professionals
– Act as liaison with court maintenance staff and Club Manager to oversee condition of courts through the season
– Responsible for all tennis pro shop activity (ordering, inventory, etc.) and racquet stringing services
– Attend all staff meetings and Club Awards days
– Complete other duties as assigned A great Director of Tennis at Hay Harbor must be highly motivated, naturally energetic, and have a proven teaching ability with both adults and juniors. Competitive compensation package includes room and board, pro stipend, income from own lessons, clinics and pro shop, plus % assistants fees.
You must sign in to apply for this position.