We are located in South Charlotte, NC and a private Country Club founded in 2003. The Club racquets facilities consist of four Har-Tru tennis courts. We have a very active racquets program, with over thirty percent of families participating in our tennis program. The club consist of over 330 families in all member categories. The Director of Tennis is the face and ambassador of our program, responsible for overseeing all aspects our tennis programs. The Director of Tennis is responsible for providing a top notch experience to all members and guests via hospitality, innovative programming, embracing all skill levels, timely communication & promotion, recruitment & training of staff. This is a working/teaching director position.
Responsibilities of tennis director:
- Plan, promote, and generate enthusiasm and interest for the club’s diverse social programs
- Management of the daily racquet operations from facilities to play.
- Drive consistent improvement in racquets programs (leagues, clinics, lessons, events and camp) for all ages & skill levels of members with corresponding programs for each on a regular basis.
- Create and be innovative on developing new programs to bring about greater involvement in our racquet programs.
- Drive and improve overall financial health of the tennis programs by growing revenue consistently year over year and actively monitoring and controlling expenses.
- Cultivate and actively communicate with members in a timely manner through all means available including personal face to face, email, website, appropriate social media, court booking system, print and phone.
- Ensures the highest level of customer service and hospitality by overseeing or performing operational duties including racquets facilities being properly maintained; answering phones; responding to voice mail and emails; taking reservations; timely & accurate billing of services; keeping tennis section of website current and up-to-date; monitoring & maintaining online court booking system; and conducting in-person new member orientations.
- Manage & develop operations staff by selecting and hiring a qualified candidates of high character.
- Provide training, support, and communication to staff.
- Create an effective schedule that meets members needs and the department’s budget.
- Financial – oversee all billing for services, leagues and events.
- Monitor payroll for staff and independent contractors.
- Develop annual budget in conjunction with General Manager and Controller.
- Monitor and provide reports on actual performance versus budget.
- Oversee annual purchases of required equipment and supplies in line with annual budget.
The director of tennis we are looking for:
Outgoing personality and warmth to make everyone feel welcome through presence and being accessible to membership and fellow staff, is very important. Ability to generate and maintain high level of respect through ongoing positive interaction and communication with members, staff and colleagues.
USPTA Certification in Tennis – Master or Elite designation IPTA Certification preferred
- A minimum of three years as Head Tennis Professional or First Assistant at a high-end, country club or tennis/paddle club is desired where success in all facets of operations, tennis and participation is evident.
- College education preferred – Bachelor’s degree and/or Professional Tennis Management degree preferred.
- A career path marked with stability, educational growth with USPTA and a logical progression of title and responsibility
- Net generation USTA approved
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club at Longview offers solid benefits for Medical, Dental, & Vision, Vacation/PTO and 401K options
You must sign in to apply for this position.