This is an exciting opportunity to work as the head coach in an ambitious club with a brief to build on the existing club program in order to provide activities for both members and non-members and to grow the membership base, whilst generating income for the club to allow for reinvestment in the Clubs facilities. The existing Head Coach has been with the club for nearly 20 years and is retiring in Sept 2021 and so we are looking for someone with a similarly professional manner and attention to customer service, someone who can continue the clubs drive to build participation. There is ample opportunity to build a private coaching income stream.
Crawley Lawn Tennis club in West Sussex, nr Gatwick Airport, has 9 all weather Macadam courts, all of which have either been resurfaced/and repainted within the last three years, with three courts housed under an inflatable dome, the only one within a 30 min drive time. The indoor dome, the biggest in the area, is an outstanding resource allowing tennis to be played 365 days of the year.
5 of the courts are currently floodlit, with plans to upgrade all lighting to LEDs in the coming months, along with plans to install LED floodlights on two other outdoor courts, making 7 floodlit courts in total, with 3 indoors.
Membership comprises roughly 200 adult and 100 junior members, so circa 300 in total, fielding 13 tennis teams (men’s, ladies and mixed) in local leagues, junior coaching and development programmes, club sessions and competitions for members, with access for the local community for Pay and play during Off-Peak times, plus the club is very involved with local schools.
The Head Coach is responsible for contributing & supporting the development and growth of the club from the bottom up by:
· Developing the Junior Development Programme by actively supporting and encouraging juniors to start competing and Identifying young talent amongst the juniors, encouraging them to play more tennis.
· Fully engaging with the club’s adult community via social tennis, club sessions and team tennis.
· Organising Junior holiday camps, a tournament program, junior club sessions and group coaching sessions.
· Maintaining and growing strong links with schools & clubs.
· Providing a strong link with the LTA Participation Development Partner in order to implement LTA initiatives.
· Supporting the development of a strong tennis membership and coaching programme.
· Building a comprehensive junior and adult group coaching programmes to support membership growth.
· Leading, developing and managing the coaching team to deliver the coaching programme.
· Delivering high quality individual and group lessons.
· Representing the club in team matches, both summer and winter as needed.
· Organising the entry, the draw and supervision of club tournaments and ladders
· Acting as a focal point for all league tennis teams, liaising with all captains to assist in the smooth running of the clubs competitive fixture list
· As a vital member of the club, attending management team meetings.
· Meeting prospective new members down the club to discuss membership and explore coaching opportunities.
The club is looking for a personal, energetic, passionate and experienced coach, someone who can bring their own perspective as to how they think the role should be carried out and the direction that they think the club should take and has the drive to make it happen.
· Min Level 4 Coaching Qualification with Enhanced DBS.
· Able to demonstrate a strong tennis journey todate, with experience of delivering successful junior and tennis programmes (or clear evidence that they have the experience, knowledge and ability to do so)
· Excellent social skills
· Demonstrate commitment & delivery of LTA initiatives such as Mini Tennis – Tennis for Kids- along with LTA Youth & school programmes.
· Strong Communication and leadership skills
· Be able to build and lead effective teams
· A good networker, able to forge links with local community groups, schools and the local council
· A passion for performance coaching
· Professional, motivated and enthusiastic
· Organised, reliable and able to manage admin and comfortable with computers and Clubspark (if not Clubspark an effective club membership and booking system)
· Able to work with all ages and abilities
· Hold a driving licence and own transport
· Flexible with working hours, with an expectation that they will be working weekends.
· Ideally the candidate will have some refereeing accreditation (but if not that can be worked towards when on the job).
An opportunity build a lucrative income stream by providing both individual and group activities and programmes
An opportunity to work with an ambitious club and to implement your own ambitious plans for how you think a successful coaching programmes should be run.
An oppotunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment