Seeking Tennis Pro for a role in Bermuda! With a desire to develop juniors of all levels into competitive players and help build and grow our junior tennis program, the Tennis Pro will work closely with the Head Tennis Professional on day-to-day direction, coordination, and supervision of all junior tennis programs and operations of the tennis desk. This role would include group clinics, camps, lessons, tournaments and social events. Teaching hours would include junior and adult classes and private lessons. The CBC junior tennis program is thriving, thus coaching hours are available to start immediately with the opportunity to grow a private clientele. Attractive incentive based compensation structure. Main duties would include supervising all junior play, developing and coaching various tennis camps & clinics throughout the year, administrative and pro shop hours, racquet stringing, and other similar duties as assigned. Evening and weekend hours are required. The ideal candidate for this position loves being on court, working with children and watching his/ her players grow and improve.
The Club is majestically located on 26 acres of sub-tropical grounds overlooking the South Shore in Paget Parish, Bermuda. In addition to the 11 cottages interspersed throughout our lush gardens, we also have 23 rooms and 6 suites adjacent to the clubhouse offering spectacular views of the beach and ocean.
The Club House gives one the feeling of casual elegance including the lounge, Games Room, reception area, Coral Room, and Club House Bar. From here walk down to the elegant Longtail Terrace and Beach Terrace, both with spectacular views of the pink sand and turquoise water below. You will also find a variety of shops, fitness studio, and the Frozen Hut on the beach, offering a welcome assortment of soft drinks and tropical cocktails.
Nearby on the premises are 8 championship clay tennis courts, two squash courts, a croquet lawn, an 18-hole putting green, a bocce court, a bowling lawn, and a European Spa.
1. Supervising all junior play
2. Developing and coaching various tennis camps & clinics throughout the year
3. Coordinating junior tournaments and events
4. Coaching private and group lessons for juniors and adults of all levels
5. Promoting all tennis and club activities and events
6. Administrative and pro shop hours
7. Racquet stringing
8. Other similar duties as assigned.
9. Evening and weekend hours are required.
· Able to promote and teach private and group lessons to juniors and adults.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
· First Aid and CPR Certified and kept current.
Education and/or Experience:
· Undergraduate major in Physical Education or Sports Management desirable.
· Collegiate team experience desirable, preferably with a 5.5 or above rating.
· Three-year competitive playing experience and/or tennis supervisory experience.
· Experience running junior development programs.
· Knowledge of court maintenance.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
· NTRP of 3.5 or higher
· USPTA or PTR teaching certification (10U qualifications required)
· Experience working with red, orange & green ball level juniors
· Extensive 10 & under junior tennis experience
· Pickleball experience preferred
We offer work permit and relocation support, a competitive compensation package, and staff housing.