Western Athletic Club—Cincinnati, Ohio
Position: Full-time Tennis Professional
Due to growing demand, Western Athletic Club is looking for a motivated full-time, year-round tennis professional to join its staff. Western is located on the West Side of Cincinnati and is the only indoor tennis club on the West Side. Western also services Harrison, Ohio, Southwest Indiana and Northern Kentucky. The club is a full-service club providing 9 indoor tennis courts with new LED lighting, a fitness center, group fitness classes and an outdoor pool. Pickleball is currently played on the tennis courts with plans to have permanent pickleball lines in the future. This position is open immediately.
· Teach all types of adult and junior programs including practices, clinics, cardio tennis, camps, beginner and private lessons.
· Manage and run special events and tournaments
· Bring new tennis players to the game and retain them
· Passion for tennis—Love the game!
· Customer service skills with a high level of professionalism
· Excellent technical knowledge of tennis strokes and strategies
· Ability to effectively teach tennis to all ages and levels
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written—people person—leader on the court
· Positive attitude
· 2-5 years teaching experience all levels, adults and juniors
· USPTA/PTR certification or striving towards certification—will achieve within one year
· Experience running USTA/UTR tournaments and special events
· Organizational skills on and off the court
· Basic computer skills
· On time
· Willingness to learn and a team player
· Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
· Competitive compensation—one of the highest pay rates in the greater Cincinnati area/ dependent on experience
· 2-month launch period when hired
Please contact TJ Scheve, Director of Tennis via email with cover letter and resume.
The goal of Western Athletic Club is to provide a safe and welcoming community for all ages. Our professional and dedicated staff provide fun, social and healthy activities for our members and the community.