Type and hours: Permanent / Fixed 20 hours per week to commence June 2020.
Location: Lake Macquarie / Newcastle, NSW.
Remuneration: Based on key qualities, experience and qualifications.
ACADEMY has an exciting opportunity for an experienced tennis coach across it’s 4 centres in beautiful Newcastle / Lake Macquarie. Boasting all sorts of attractions, a vibrant attractive city, slower pace than Sydney / Melbourne, the 6th biggest city of Newcastle provides a wonderful lifestyle and excellent opportunities for the successful applicant.
This is a full time position that will provide a work life balance and a LONG TERM FUTURE for a career minded professional coach. With the Covid-19 restrictions being slowly lifted, we are expecting initially the position will offer 20 hours per week, but once restrictions are lifted, we are anticipating the position will grow to 40+ hours per week by the end of 2020 as the business is in a growth phase.
The position is Monday – Saturday, with NO Sunday work, and will also involve centre and program administration duties.
* Managing and professionally delivering an assigned Spark program with the goal of creating a fun, inclusive and stimulating playing environment for players of all ages and stages. Relevant training and guidance will be provided to you.
* Facilitate school clinics and holiday programs.
* Build quality coaching relationships with players, the club, parents as well as your Spark team.
* Develop the coaching program and model coaching practices that maximise retention.
* Hot Shots
* Group Lessons (Junior and Adult)
* Private Lessons
* Development Squads
* School Programs
* Cardio Tennis
* Possibly some basic administration in a fast-growing business that now requires a 2IC
* Tennis Australia coach member or ATPCA (or be willing to provide proof of adequate insurance)
* Current Working with Children Check
* Current National Police Check
* Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
* Experienced and high quality hotshots deliverer – this is the grass roots level of every successful program and we are looking for a boost in the quality of delivery.
* The ability to work with a team of coaches, as well as oversee the team of assistant coaches at some of our centres where the Head Coach is unable to attend.
* Customer Relations – the ability to liaise with the clients regarding lessons, comps, court hire, social tennis, and generally building / farming our network to provide extra income opportunities for the business which in turn will result in more $$ for the coach.
* The ability to expand our existing adult comps and attract new adult players – this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to really succeed.
* Well mannered, articulate, well presented.
* Professional, high personal standards, works with integrity.
* Attention to detail and excellent follow up skills as well as INITIATIVE (an often undervalued attribute)
* Australian Drivers Licence & Registered Vehicle
* Fluent English
We are looking for a coach who can commit to the long term future. The ideal applicant will come into our business and look to expand on our programs and clientele, and be financially rewarded for this. We are looking to build on our already expanding academy but need the assistance of a professional and experienced coach.
An attractive package is available to the right person, based on your qualification & experience. This is not a position that we will under pay, but we do expect a high quality applicant in return.
You must sign in to apply for this position.