We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Tennis Coach (Level 2 or above) who is able to assist the experienced coaching team (under guidance of the tennis director ) with the delivery of the expanding junior coaching programme. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality coaching sessions to players of all ages and abilities (under the supervision of the lead coach).
A guaranteed number of hours are available within the programme. Hours of work are to be agreed upon but will include evening/daytime hours and weekends. Potential to be a hitter to supplement more work. The successful candidate will be self-employed.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Tennis Director /Head Coach to build and develop junior tennis programmes within clubs, schools and camps
- Working within our Mini tennis programme (5-12yrs old)
Venue and Company description
The club is a is a superb pay and play facility in West London. Included is a 9-hole par 3 golf course, a 50-bay floodlight driving range, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and gym.
The club is open to all sports enthusiasts on a non-membership pay and play basis. Children and adults are welcome, from total beginners to experienced adults and professional players. We also run popular camps in the school holidays.
Candidate qualifications and skills
- Will be a passionate Assistant Tennis Coach with excellent communication skills and a desire to further their learning in a thriving club environment
- Must be a qualified and LTA Accredited minimum level 2
- Capable of delivering a high-quality tennis sessions
- Great with children
- Flexible to work weekends and mid-week
- Organised with good IT skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Excellent communicator/customer service skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent with groups of mini/youth tennis players providing a fun dynamic atmosphere within sessions
- Excellent with adult beginner/intermediate players
- Passionate about coaching and improving their players
- Demonstrates a willingness to support and contribute to the broader business
- Have a high standard of tennis playing level