This success candidate will be afforded a unique opportunity to build upon one of the most successful tennis facilities in Canada in terms of programming. The successful candidate will have a unique challenge to lead a team of tennis professionals, to continue to grow the OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre brand and its community outreach programs and pathways. The successful candidate will oversee the Centre’s Tennis Canada Tennis Development Centre program and will work closely with our partners Tennis Alberta & Tennis Canada to deliver community-based programming (i.e., school programs, camps and other tennis development pathway programs and events) to support the growth of tennis in Calgary and throughout Alberta. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work alongside the management team at the club manage a team of highly skilled and qualified tennis professionals to deliver programming for players of all ages and abilities and ensuring the club’s success.
• Tennis Canada Coach 3 Certification (or International Equivalent)
• Tennis Canada learning or master learning facilitator designation (preferred)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the Tennis industry (preferably as Tennis Director or in a Senior Leadership role) in a year-round facility or provincial / national tennis association
• Proven track-record in junior development & high performance program design and implementation
• Strong understanding of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and Tennis Canada Tennis Development Pathways and programs
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams, have strong administrative skills and financial management
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills, conflict resolution & communication skills
• Strong leadership, organizational skills, self-starter, team player and visionary
• Past National or International ranked player/coach, minimum 5.0 current playing ability
• First Aid certification, Criminal Record Check required
• A strong relationship builder with a proven track record of cultivating positive relationships with Tennis Canada and other provincial/national tennis associations
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINES
To apply for this position, send a copy of your CV (resume), list of references to the attention of Danny Da Costa, General Manager, OSTEN & VICTOR Alberta Tennis Centre email@example.com
This position will remain open until the position is filled.
START DATE: ideal start date will be Early September 2018
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time Employee
COMPENSATION STRUCTURE: Base Salary + Hourly Rate, Performance Bonuses, Benefits and other incentives
Type of position
OrangeCoach is the premier online employment platform in the international tennis industry. OrangeCoach connects professional tennis coaches with tennis employers around the world.