Position: Tennis Professional
Reports to: Executive Director/ Director of Adult Tennis/ Director of Junior Tennis
Responsible for providing Greater Midland Tennis Center Members and Guests with quality professional instruction focusing on learning, safety, and enjoyment of tennis. Will assist the Director of Tennis in the coordination and implementation of lessons, programs, events, and tournaments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be a leader
- Must be able to make decisions in a quick, decisive manner
- Plans and directs his/her instructional programs.
- Provides lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Ensures that all club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Markets tennis facilities to members and guests.
- Maintains a close working relationship with other tennis center professionals.
- Follows lesson curriculum as determined by ED/ DOT or program leader
- Attends all staff and management meetings when required.
- Maintains an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given; provides written reports on a regular basis.
- Represents the tennis center in a professional manner tennis at all times
- Good organizational skills
- Maintains accurate class attendance records
- Promotes and sells Tennis Pro Shop items including Racquets, string, grips, bags and more
- Performs administrative duties such as phone calls, emails and additional duties as requested by ED/DOT
- Be proactive in building lessons, programs and groups
- Expected, when not on court, to spend some time socializing with members and guests at the tennis center
- Ability to work with staff to design and implement additional programs, opportunities or events as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Ability to be very accessible to ED, direct supervisor and staff when lesson/ group/ clinic coverage is needed
- Ability to work morning, mid-day, evenings, holidays and weekends
- Administers and enforces tennis center policies and procedures regarding play on tennis center courts.
- Two years minimum experience in teaching, administration of tournaments, special events and court maintenance procedures.
- Must be experienced in the entire service operation to include pro-shop, court maintenance and intra/inter club league, and USTA sanctions and administration.
- Must be a certified member of USPTA and/or PTR.