Do you find it difficult to see where you’ll be in the coming years? Build a vision for the life you desire by asking yourself these 10 questions. Sometimes it’s difficult to say what you want, but you probably know what you don’t want. That will also help you to build a vision.
What do you want?
Try to not get stuck in the here and now, but create a vision to help you move forward. A career is long, some people work for 50/60 years. What is happening at this moment is a step in what you will achieve in the future. Claim what you want and keep that in mind if you are working or searching for a job. You should have your ladder in line, where are you standing on it and where do you want to go.
Sometimes it’s hard to say what you want, because you are not sure of it. However, you probably know what you don’t want. If you don’t want to work as tennis instructor at a resort, the other side is what you want. Keep in mind it’s not bad if you don’t know exactly what you want, because what you don’t want is saying a lot too.
You can be scared to say what you want, because you are worried you won’t get it. But to be sure you will get it, you should create what you want first and then live into it.
Ask yourself 10 questions
To help you build a vision, there are 10 question you can ask yourself. They will be your basis and your steps to make it reality.
- If everything is possible, what would I want to be different my career?
- What type of job would I want? Tennis coaching or something else, but tennis related?
- What would I want to be responsible for?
- What type of boss/coworkers/team would I want? Self-employed, Resort, High School?
- What kind of hours would I want to work? Part-time, fulltime, weekends, evenings?
- What type of company would I want work for or do I want my own company?
- What sort of culture would I want the company have? 8. What city would I want to live in? Do you want to go Europe, Asia, USA, Australia?
- What salary would I want to earn?
- What would I want my approach to stress, workload and deadline be?
Take a look at your answers and realize if you are in a good position of work right now. If not, you may have to change your career. If yes, you should go on and keep in mind where you want to go next. Where you want to be next is the most important to find a way out.